Child Care in
- North West
- East Coast
- West Coast
- Southern Coast
- 'Keep going, they're drinking': Why Tennant Creek children can't go homeDespite increased Northern Territory and Federal Government investment in services for the Tennant Creek community following the rape of a two-year-old girl in February, night patrol staff say some young people still don't have safe places to sleep.
- New childcare rules brought more red tape for everyone, the opposite of what we needThe Coalition's new childcare rebate system was meant to be simpler, parents and service providers are quickly discovering it's exactly the opposite, writes Liam McNicholas.
- The future 'looks bleak' for child protection in South Australia, union saysA union representative has admitted that the future "looks bleak" for a child protection department office in one of South Australia's most disadvantaged regions.
- What you need to know about the changes to child care that start todayIf yours is one of the 50,000 families yet to update the necessary details to receive the childcare subsidy, you might want to give this a read.
- Will childcare changes lead to fee rises? Some operators quietly say yesThere are big changes coming this week to childcare payments for hundreds of thousands of Australian families — but changes are also coming to childcare providers, and some operators say that could lead to fee increases.